Friday 29 October 2010

Finished for Friday!

After having missed the last two Finished for Fridays over at Lit and Laundrey, I'm pleased to announce I have 3 finishes this week!

First up, the final two appliquéd hearts have been stuffed and sewn up, these ones are orange.

Front view:
And back view:

Next up is the sewing machine cover!  It was actually pretty quick to run up, despite the problem I had with the back being upside down!  I've taken photos, but didn't think to take a photo of the lining.  The lining is a pink satin material.  I cut out two "crosses", interfaced the linen, then sewed each up along each leg to make a box.  I then stitched them together at the base, wrong sides together, leaving a very large gap for turning.  The reason I left such a big gap was that I had a feeling I'd need to tack the two pieces of material at the top to stop the lining dropping down, and I was right!  I tacked the seams together in the top corners, then top stitched around the whole base of the cover with a zig zag stitch.  And, ta da! 


And here's a peak at that lining:
It's far from perfect, but I love it!  And I think the gorgeousness of the fabric detracts from the mistakes!  My next mission is to make a matching pouch for her accessories - feet, bobbins, screw driver etc...

My final show and tell for Finished For Friday is a cheat, it's this cross stitch of Mrs Rabbit, Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontale and Peter which is part of My Craft Book Challenge (all of the first three are now complete!):

Why's it a cheat?  Well it's going to be a little drawstitch pouch so it's not actually finished yet...  I'm really happy with how it turned out, all that backstitch was hard work!

No comments: