Sunday 6 November 2011

Craft Fair Haul

Friday was the Hobbycrafts show at Birmingham NEC and, as every year, me and mum went down for the day.  In my newly cleaned, dinosaur poo-free car.

Want to see what I bought?


Beads.  Lots and lots of beads.  Glass beads and crystals.  Hermatite beads and pearls.  Rubberised beads and mother of pearl beads.  Yum.


Very thin knitted wire tubes and brads.  I saw a lady demonstrating what to do with it and I had to have some.  She made these:



They are a little crushed from my mum sitting on them... but you get the jist.  She also made flowers which have the brads in the centre.  I'll show you when I've made some.



Paper flowers, a Christmas tree die, paper doilies, fabric brads, shaker card inserts and some bargain double sided tape - 30 rolls for £8!


Wooden shapes and little embroidery hoops.  I didn't buy the ruler, that's in there to show you how small those hoops are - just 3" and 4".


A beginners Decopatch kit.  Apparently mum's been doing this craft in secret and is hooked so I have to give it a go.

And finally...



Bobbins, scissors, snips, ribbon (including dinosaur ribbon - I mean, you never know when you might need dinosaur ribbon), the cutest Matroyska tape measure and some funky buttons.  I accidentally picked up two packs of the hearts, I meant to get a pack of the stars.

There wasn't much in the way of fabric, probably a good thing as I don't think my bank balance could have hacked it!

5 comments:

Fiona said...

I did enjoy seeing all this crafty fun goodies..... will keep you out of mischief for a while!!
Hugz

faith76 said...

Wow so many lovly crafty things. You will be busy xx

Enjoy your Sunday!

Leah x

The Dotty One said...

Wow - you did well! Looking forward to seeing what you make with it all.....!

Gill said...

What a great haul!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it all!!

Alison said...

Wow, whet a haul! I went in Glasgow last weekend and managed to leave having only bought 3 rolls of double sided tape, took some restraint though!
Alison
x