Sunday 13 May 2012

A story with a sad ending - part 2

Good afternoon ladies.  Well, I seem to have eaten my own bodyweight in food this weekend.  Ooops...  I should probably go and do some exercise to burn it of... or I could sit here looking at blogs and eating chocolate.  What do you say?  Yes, you're right, it is Sunday evening and clearly the best course of action is to carry on eating so my body won't think that I'm starving and start conserving the pounds.  Let the eating continue!

Anyway, what did I come over here to write about, I don't think it was my flabby bum... Oh yes, that was it, glass.  So, this Wednesday will be week 4 of my glass class.  I showed you my design for the panel above my door, well I started working on it last week.  I cut some base glass for the fusing and started cutting the coloured glass but, apart from cutting myself twice in almost the same place and not even noticing, I didn't get much done.  I was going to take photos for you but it's just pieces of glass and I didn't think you would be interested. 

I thought you might be interested in seeing what I did in my first week though?  I made a fused glass bowl by layering smashed pieces of blue and purple glass on a white base piece and putting it into a round form before putting it in the kiln.  I collected it on Wednesday...


... and dropped it on the floor last night.  Before I'd even photographed it.  Remember Mr CA dropped my copper foiled suncatcher?  Not having much luck am I?  I'm starting to think it doesn't look good for my rather large, time and effort-intensive door panel.

Ah well, in for a penny... thought you might like to see the smashed suncatcher too:


Right, I'm off to cry in a corner, speak to you in the week.

12 comments:

tillymint said...

Oh Wendy... how awful after all that work.. you must be devastated. There's only one thing for it... chocolate!

Rosa said...

Oh dear... you are one unlucky girl. But I think that was it - the door panel project cannot go wrong now, you have used up all your unluck:-))

Sandra :) said...

Oh Wendy I'm sorry about your bowl - what a crappy thing to happen! I agree with tillymint - CHOCOLATE is needed!

RobynLouise said...

Oh Wendy :(! I'm sure you've acquired a glass gremlin that just waits for the right moment to tip the balance and break your lovely creations. You'll have to try again as 3rd time lucky... then you can think of your first tries as practices.
Chers,
Robyn

RobynLouise said...

Oh Wendy :(! You'll have to give that glass gremlin that's been plaguing you the heave ho. Shake it off near a glass recycling depot so it has new 'toys' to play with. 3rd time lucky so hoping you'll give it another go and take your camera, just in case gremlin tries a return visit, so you can take a photo as soon as you have your finished creation back.
Hugs,
Robyn

Allie said...

Oh girl....this is why I won't touch glass...bad enough it falls on my foot and disables me for a week. I am so sorry that happened!!!! Remember third time's lucky so your door panel should be ok...

Celtic Thistle said...

Your bowl looked lovely too, what a shame. You are right it doesn't bode well for the door panel, although if you can make sure that you smash something else before you finish the panel, you might be alright. Bad things come in threes, so get one more out of the way and you will be sorted!

Just-Do said...

You make such beautiful items; how awful that this happens to them. Maybe you should put a thick layer of foam on your floor?

Katherine said...

Oh, no! I could cry with you on this, Wendy. Here's hoping all the mishaps with your beautiful glass works are behind you.
Hugs,
K

JoJo said...

Awww... :( I'm so sorry for the mishaps!!! There's no way to try and fix it?

mdgtjulie said...

Awwww, that's really too bad. I love the suncatcher. It's beautiful (except for the cracks). You do good work. Maybe you've now had all your bad luck and it will be good luck from here on out?

The Dotty One said...

Awwww - that's such a shame! The bowl looked like it would have been fab too! Maybe you could refuse it onto a new backing piece and have another go?