Sunday 10 February 2013

progress

Morning ladies.  No finishes today, just a little bit of progress on an old project and a new one. First up is the dancers cross stitch.  I went into my photo albums to find the last update I did, I couldn't find a picture anywhere!  This means you, nor I, can really see if there IS any progress, but at least I'll have a record for next time!


I had stitched quite a bit of area around the hands and the ladies head.  When I came back to this project a few weeks ago, I discovered that a lot of the background was wrong!  So frustrating.  Out it came.  There is some more that is possibly wrong, but I've left it for the minute.  I thought that stitching the uninteresting bit first - the background - would help me move this along quicker.  Yeah, that didn't work!


Since the last update, I've done all the bright blue you can see and the lady's upheld arm.  This is WIP #9.


I've also started something new.  WIP #24 is a punch needle kit I bought at a craft fair sometime last year.  This craft was new to me, something I'd never seen before and I thought it looked easy, in principle it is, in reality it so isn't!

The blue thing has a slotted needle in it, the thread goes down the shaft and out of the needle and then is threaded through a hole in the needle.  You can set the tool to produce different sizes of loops, most of this is done in 1 and 2, the smallest loops you can get. 


You work from the back, in and out of the fabric, close together and this is what it produces on the front!  I love the effect.  This is by no means perfect, or even well done, but it's clearly a craft that needs practice and who says everything I produce has to be perfect?  Hopefully noone or I've let them down repeatedly!  I've got a long way to go, so there's a lot of time to perfect my loops!


7 comments:

Anna said...

Love your dancers !
Have a nice Sunday.
Anna

Shirley said...

It's nice to see someone elses stitching. I don't think things have to be perfect, I posted on a blog the other week that it's the imperfections that make them unique.

cauchy09 said...

wow, those dancers will be gorgeous!

Samantha said...

I've never seen punch needlework before, I kinda like it. It looks like it'll be really soft and fluffy like a rug. :)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Argh with the unpicking. That's so frustrating I know first hand. They'll look lovely dancing together when you're done though. The punch needle heart looks neat!

Kerryp77 said...

I'd always wondered what Punch needle was. The dancers look wonderful, even if you were visited by the frog!

Shami Immanuel said...

Lovely dancers. Your punch needle piece is neat.