Wednesday 3 July 2013

And Sew On - A Stitch In Time

I completely failed to do May's block for the And Sew On BOM hosted and designed by the lovely Kristy at Quiet Play, but I did manage to do June.  I will have to come back to May later, in fact, I started piecing it at the weekend but my sewing time was very limited so I didn't get it done.


But anyway, this is May's block - A Stitch In Time.



I didn't really have any disasters with this one. It doesn't line up very well at the end but I think it just needs a trim.  I also think my hexies are squashed and I'm starting to think my printer resized the templates.


The tea-cup in the pattern has a stripe across it, but I thought this piece of Bliss was reminiscent of my favourite Cath Kidstone mugs - they're the size of a mug and a half and so I have 8 of them!



I stuck to dotty fabric for the hexies, thinking it would be easier to piece, they still didn't line up great, but I don't think anyone will be inspecting this!



I'm really enjoying this BOM.  Kristy, Derek says thanks!




Related posts


block 1 - Measure Twice

block 2 - disaster
block 2 - You little ripper





7 comments:

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Kirsty says Derek is totally welcome! ;)

Thrilled to hear there were not major mishaps with this one. Perhaps paper piecing is growing on you?! hehehe

Love your block - perfect fabric choices!

heart of charnwood said...

Looks good Mrs! :o)

Nicky said...

Lovely block Wendy, the cup is so cute... it's got to be good when there are no disasters, right?

Jane said...

You must have so much patience for doing these blocks. It's turned out well. Can't wait to see them altogether in a completed quilt

Anonymous said...

Good job with this block, I really like the teacup - it may well persuade me to do some paper piecing - not my favourite method either :)

ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

Kerryp77 said...

Thats so clever. lovely fabric choices too. x

Celtic Thistle said...

Yay! for a paper-pieced block without any dramas!