Friday 3 October 2014

Orange Peel QAL - first update



I'm not sure if I've ever told you that I plan to join in the Orange Peel QAL held over at Button Button?  If you want to join in, there's loads of time, we've just got started.

Orange Peel Quilt-Along!
I'm making a mini of some description, so I only need 36 blocks.  We have another 6 weeks to go, so that means I need to be making 6 blocks a week.  I got started with the green blocks.  It uses freezer paper applique and is hand stitched.  The blocks are oversized and will be cut down afterwards to avoid having to make sure the orange peels are precisely placed.


I'm digging through my scrap bins for this one, so these are just a random variety of greens, all appliqued onto a low volume background, in this case, Bike paths.  I can't believe I just said low volume. 


Yellows next...

And to think I'm allergic to oranges, hope I'll be OK!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great project to use up some scraps - I'm tempted! Love the colours in yours.

quirkyhannah said...

Ohh that's lovely can't wait to see more! Hopefully you like the oranges.... if not send em my way :)

SuperMomNoCape said...

Your orange peel blocks look great! Love those greens.

Rachel said...

It's a great start!

Jane said...

This should turn out to be a pretty quilt. Think I'm appliqueing letters and numbers today (or maybe Monday, lol)

margaret said...

this looks interesting, have not worked with freezer paper, no excuse I do have a full roll somewhere will pop over and read more about it

Jen said...

Your progress looks great - I love the scrap - buster look! Coming along nicely :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great start! Can't wait to see it grow :D