Wednesday 22 June 2016

beadwoven flower

Since I've been off sick, I haven't done much crafting, so a class at The Bead Shop Nottingham was good for me, it meant I actually made something.

It was a beadweaving class using a crystal rivoli (the sparkly bit in the centre), number 11/0 seed beads and mini duos.  I used two colours of the duos.


As ever, it's hard to get a good photo of sparkly jewellery, but this will have to do!  Instead of showing you one good photo, I'll show you several mediocre ones.


It was a fun pattern and quick and easy to do.  The bezel is in right-angle-weave rather than the usual peyote so it was nice to learn a new bezelling stitch.


This is a photo of the back so you can see what the back of the rivoli looks like.  As you can see, it's pointed, I'm not sure why, perhaps that makes it easier to capture in a bezel than if it were flat backed?  I now need to decide what to string this on, I think I perhaps need to make a bead-woven necklace.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks charming, and photographing it against the rough, grey wood works really well!

Sandra :) said...

WOW that's really pretty, Wendy!

Cath said...

This is very sweet. A nice use of superduos. I think the pointed back of the rivoli helps with the sparkle but I don't know for sure.

Kerryp77 said...

That's lovely Wendy. sending healing thoughts too

Christine B said...

Beautiful beading Wendy! You must have lots of lovely handmade pieces to wear! Christine x

Jane said...

that's pretty, hope you find or make something you can string it on to wear

margaret said...

this is very pretty and would look lovely on a chain

Anonymous said...

really lovely!
I'd hang it on a thin cord, maybe turquoise to match the beads

Christine said...

That is really pretty. The shape of the rivoli is to do with the facets and reflections, a flat backed shape would reflect light differently

D1-D2 said...

I want to try this :)

Liz said...

Lovely! I've never used RAW to do a bezel. Yours came out really great.

Sarah in Stitches said...

It's so pretty! Great job :D