It's been ages since I showed you anything from my silversmithing classes. I was working on some hollow domes, but I couldn't get them to solder together and gave up. I will go back to them at a later date, when my head is a bit better.
I moved on to a different hollow form, I chose a triangle.
This is the copper prototype. Silver is expensive and it can be worthwhile having a go in copper first, especially as I love copper and wear copper jewellery too. It started with a long thin piece of copper (5mm thin, about 8cm long) that I had to score very heavily. I pulled it round and soldered the join. This was then soldered to piece of sheet copper which I had run through the rolling mill with a piece of lace to imprint a pattern on it.
The second side was soldered on - you can see the solder really well in this picture.
The sheet was pierced with a saw close to the edge, then the filing began. And continued. And continued. And then out came the sandpaper... I still have some way to go!
I have now started on the silver version, thinking I'd do some sanding over Christmas, I took some photos to show you the beginning of the process, but they were on my old phone... I will show you again when both pieces are completed.